As the Easter Bunny was busy delivering eggs all over the UK this weekend, we thought it was a good time to let you know we’ve recently ‘delivered’ ourselves – we’re now fully GDPR compliant!
And if that’s not something worth celebrating, we’re not sure what is.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on May 25 2018. Designed to protect the rights to our personal information, it legally guarantees everyone – including our candidates, of course – the following rights:
– The right to be informed: You must agree for your information to be processed, for purposes you’re aware of, before it can be processed
– The right of access: You may request a copy of all the personal data held about you
– The right of rectification: You have the right to have your data rectified, for example, if it’s incorrect or incomplete
– The right to erasure: You may withdraw consent or request erasure of your personal data
– The right to restrict processing: You can request your data is kept but not processed any further
– The right to portability: You can request a copy of the information held about you, and for it to be provided in a commonly used format
– The right to object: You have the right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes and profiling
– Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right to not be subject to entirely automatic profiling algorithms
Because GDPR is so important, in 2017 we made the decision to work with Aphaia – London-based data protection specialists – who’ve been providing us with their expert advice and guidance. Since then we’ve had our tentacles full making sure we’re ready; we’ve mapped our data flows, generated a gap analysis and updated our policies, contracts and Octo technology. And now here we are!
We’re more than happy to answer any questions you have around GDRP – whether as a client or a candidate – so please feel free to contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org