Blue Octopus Recruitment Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Blue Octopus Recruitment Limited of Octo House, 2 Station Road, Otley, LS21 3HX. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Chris Coleman.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.blueoctopus.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, making an application, purchasing from our site, subscribing to our service, acceptance for inclusion on a mailing list or database, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- This information will include your name, address, email address, phone numbers, work and education history, full CV and any other sensitive personal data as defined in the Act including your responses to and the results of assessments administered through the site, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law.
- If we place you with our clients, we shall also request and hold copies of documentation showing your legal right to work in the UK (or the country in which you have chosen to work). We may record and store any telephone calls you have with us for record keeping and quality control purposes. We may undertake credit references, and other lawful checks, where a recruitment client or third party requests such information.
- If you contact us (by email, telephone or letter), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We also collect general information as a total in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our site as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
- We may also use the information for direct marketing via email or telephone.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail below.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made Of the Information
When someone visits www.blueoctopus.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Blue Octopus Recruitment Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To provide our recruitment service and facilitate the recruitment process.
- To send information provided by candidates to our clients in order for our clients to assess candidates eligibility for jobs.
Although we may provide information to service providers that handle information on our behalf, we will usually not share the information with third parties for secondary or unrelated purposes unless otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
We will collect, store and process personal information about our staff, clients, candidates, suppliers and other third parties. We recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner. Please refer to our Data Protection Policy to understand how we collect, store and process personal information. Data Protection Policy
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You may access the profile, correct and update your details or withdraw your details at any time. To do this, you can access information or change information in accordance with applicable legal requirements. If you wish to do this, please contact us.
Cookies are pieces of data created when you visit a site and are stored in the cookie directory of your hard drive. Blue Octopus only uses its own "Cookies" and for the sole purpose of authentication.
Although some websites store cookie information beyond your visit to their site, here at Blue Octopus we do not. Our cookies are stored only during your 'session' (authenticated visit to our website) and then discarded.
Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. They are used to help you when you return to a website. These "Session Cookies" are used as a form of 'certificate' once you have been authenticated, to help protect access to any data you supply or request from us (or our clients).
Blue Octopus uses Google Analytics and DoubleClick cookies to track the performance of their website, and may also use other first or third-party identifiers together do to this. If you would like to Opt-out of these cookies please see the link.
To find out more about cookies, visit All About Cookies.org
Changes to Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.